Friday, July 22, 2011

a choice


today i made the choice to be happy.

so when the temptation rolled around for me to criticize my body, i made the decision to find something about my body that i liked.

when my baby tried my patience to the max today with a tantrum (followed by maybe 5 more tantrums before naptime,) i made the decision to remember the 5million things i love about her, and how lucky i am to have her.

when the thermometer outside read 101F before noon, i made the decision to thank God for modern conveniences like air conditioning. and ice cream.

and you know what?

it wasn't long until i was in a remarkably good mood, despite the ups and downs of the day, and this hottest day of the summer turned out to be a loverly day.

what are you thankful for today?





No comments:

Post a Comment