Friday, April 29, 2011

little red bird


hi guys! i hope you're having an awesome friday (and that the song "friday" is not stuck in your head as it has been in mine all day. darn that rebecca black.) it's been a laid back day for me, running some errands and playing with my daughter, though we're hoping husband will get off work early to take us out on the town to do something fun this evening to celebrate the new job. (partyin' partyin' YEAH! ugh.)


i felt really good in this outfit today. the skirt is the one i picked up from target this week, when it was so stinkin' hot. (of course, the day i wear it the weather goes back to chilly and cloudy, so i had to pull some tights out of their hibernation.) the skirt has a bluish, vertical stripe that reminds me of the little railroad engineer overalls my little brother used to wear when he was a baby.


i'm really proud of my sweater. i picked it up last winter at old navy for $2 - it had a hole on the top right hand side. at the time i was doing some felt applique on baby onesies for a friend of mine, and decided to patch over the hole with a little felted red bird. it's become one of my favorite cardigans and i wear it all the time! it's taught me to look beyond an item clothing as is, and imagine the potential after some personal tweaking.


skirt: target // cardigan: old navy, altered by me // shoes and sunglasses: target

No comments:

Post a Comment